StudyNotesWiki

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA
(3 viewing) gilani, Law@order, (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345678
TOPIC: SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA
**
#272972
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 1 Year ago Karma: -1
Anyone who knows companies that are currently hiring SAIPA Articles trainees? Share links or firm's name.

I am a Bcompt (MAC) graduate.

Thank you.
MUDAU RER
Second Year Boarder
Posts: 90
graphgraph
Points: 499
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#273002
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 1 Year ago Karma: 6
It appears ACCA has an alliance with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand body. So ACCA might be a viable option if you are considering emigrating.

www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/about-us...c-alliance-with-acca
Derp
Second Year Boarder
Posts: 103
graphgraph
Points: 630
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
LLB Graduate (2014)

DipIT (currently final year)

Looking at doing Bcom Financial Accounting after IT
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#281903
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 6 Months, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 3
I have a question regarding SAICA articles. I know that the training programme consists of compulsory, elective and residual skills. I want to know if the trainee accountant can decide which elective he or she wants, or does it depend on the training centre? Does the training centre decide upon an elective? Because, i really want Tax as en elective, not auditing, and im not sure who has the power to decide here? Does anyone perhaps know? Thank you.
Fanzene
First Semester Boarder
Posts: 26
graphgraph
Points:
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#281918
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 6 Months, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 52
Fanzene wrote:
I have a question regarding SAICA articles. I know that the training programme consists of compulsory, elective and residual skills. I want to know if the trainee accountant can decide which elective he or she wants, or does it depend on the training centre? Does the training centre decide upon an elective? Because, i really want Tax as en elective, not auditing, and im not sure who has the power to decide here? Does anyone perhaps know? Thank you.

The firm needs to accredited by SAICA for the elective. Thus you have some small firms that have a ot international and other complex tax clients that offer tax as an elective while some lager firms do not offer it as they have limited clients in the field.

When you go for an interview you can ask them about it, but it is mostly financial reporting and audit training contracts.

If you go with the bigger firms you might get tax as an elective. Most people hate auditing so, all the best
vagabond
Master's Candidate Boarder
Posts: 659
graphgraph
Points: 2215
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#281919
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 6 Months, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 3
Thanks for the response Vagabond! I see PWC has a tax elective programme. But unfortunately most firms are only audit-based, as you said. Will try my luck with PWC! It's probably a bit of a reach, but will definitely give it a shot. Thanks again.
Fanzene
First Semester Boarder
Posts: 26
graphgraph
Points:
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#282951
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 2
Hi Guys,

Help, please?

BTech, or BCom?

which option would be better for me as a prospective employee?

I know the difference is with BTech, the student first obtained a Diploma and then went on to complete a degree, whereas the BCom was when the student obtained the degree from the start.

When looking at vacancies, I see the biggest demand is for a BCom degree.

Thing is, I want a qualification that covers all 4 areas of accounting, not just a specialisation degree in one specific field of accounting.

With completing the Diploma in Accounting Sciences and then moving on to a degree of my favourite field, I will get more experience and knowledge of all the areas, but this means I will have a BTech.

PLEASE help me make an informed decision?
Chams1001
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 60
graphgraph
Points: 208
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#282967
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 8
Chams1001 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Help, please?

BTech, or BCom?

which option would be better for me as a prospective employee?

I know the difference is with BTech, the student first obtained a Diploma and then went on to complete a degree, whereas the BCom was when the student obtained the degree from the start.

When looking at vacancies, I see the biggest demand is for a BCom degree.

Thing is, I want a qualification that covers all 4 areas of accounting, not just a specialisation degree in one specific field of accounting.

With completing the Diploma in Accounting Sciences and then moving on to a degree of my favourite field, I will get more experience and knowledge of all the areas, but this means I will have a BTech.

PLEASE help me make an informed decision?


Have you completed any modules through UNISA yet? Have you submitted an application to UNISA for 2018?
greghsa
Second Year Boarder
Posts: 87
graphgraph
Points: 482
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#282992
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 2
greghsa wrote:
Chams1001 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Help, please?

BTech, or BCom?

which option would be better for me as a prospective employee?

I know the difference is with BTech, the student first obtained a Diploma and then went on to complete a degree, whereas the BCom was when the student obtained the degree from the start.

When looking at vacancies, I see the biggest demand is for a BCom degree.

Thing is, I want a qualification that covers all 4 areas of accounting, not just a specialisation degree in one specific field of accounting.

With completing the Diploma in Accounting Sciences and then moving on to a degree of my favourite field, I will get more experience and knowledge of all the areas, but this means I will have a BTech.

PLEASE help me make an informed decision?


Have you completed any modules through UNISA yet? Have you submitted an application to UNISA for 2018?



Yes I have, I will be doing my last first year modules this semester for the Diploma.
Chams1001
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 60
graphgraph
Points: 208
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#283036
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 8
"Yes I have, I will be doing my last first year modules this semester for the Diploma"

It is my understanding that once the diploma is finished, you can hop over to the BCom and you will get a credit for all subjects passed in the diploma?
greghsa
Second Year Boarder
Posts: 87
graphgraph
Points: 482
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2018/01/05 19:21 By greghsa.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#283094
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 2
Yes that is correct - once I finish my Diploma I can apply and register for the BCom and only do the modules that I have not yet passed.
BUT
If I choose this route, my Degree will be a BTech Degree and not a BCom Degree
Chams1001
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 60
graphgraph
Points: 208
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#283148
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 8
Chams1001 wrote:
Yes that is correct - once I finish my Diploma I can apply and register for the BCom and only do the modules that I have not yet passed.
BUT
If I choose this route, my Degree will be a BTech Degree and not a BCom Degree


I understand your dilemma.

Which accounting qualification is your ultimate destination? (SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA)

The only qualification where a BCOM would be preferable is SAICA.

CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA a BTech Degree is sufficient
greghsa
Second Year Boarder
Posts: 87
graphgraph
Points: 482
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#283300
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 2
greghsa wrote:
Chams1001 wrote:
Yes that is correct - once I finish my Diploma I can apply and register for the BCom and only do the modules that I have not yet passed.
BUT
If I choose this route, my Degree will be a BTech Degree and not a BCom Degree


I understand your dilemma.

Which accounting qualification is your ultimate destination? (SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA)

The only qualification where a BCOM would be preferable is SAICA.

CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA a BTech Degree is sufficient


That's the thing, I'm not sure yet.
I'm considering both SAICA and SAIPA. what puts me off SAICA a little is the amount of time it takes to finish the qualification.
Time is not really on my side, SAIPA would be another good choice.

I think I would know better after this semester, as I have not yet experienced an auditing module.
Maybe once I've experienced all fields of accounting, then I'll have a better idea of where I want to be in a few years' time.
Chams1001
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 60
graphgraph
Points: 208
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#283526
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 6
Chams1001 wrote:
Yes that is correct - once I finish my Diploma I can apply and register for the BCom and only do the modules that I have not yet passed.
BUT
If I choose this route, my Degree will be a BTech Degree and not a BCom Degree


Hi Chams

Do you maybe know if one does a certificate in accounting first and then register for the Bcom and apply for exemption for modules already completed, will the degree also be Btech?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, because Btechs are diploma related, but maybe you know something that I don't?

Thanks
Derp
Second Year Boarder
Posts: 103
graphgraph
Points: 630
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
LLB Graduate (2014)

DipIT (currently final year)

Looking at doing Bcom Financial Accounting after IT
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#283557
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 2
Derp wrote:
Chams1001 wrote:
Yes that is correct - once I finish my Diploma I can apply and register for the BCom and only do the modules that I have not yet passed.
BUT
If I choose this route, my Degree will be a BTech Degree and not a BCom Degree


Hi Chams

Do you maybe know if one does a certificate in accounting first and then register for the Bcom and apply for exemption for modules already completed, will the degree also be Btech?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, because Btechs are diploma related, but maybe you know something that I don't?

Thanks


Hi There,

I honestly have no idea. I presume not, as it would be a certificate.
Chams1001
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 60
graphgraph
Points: 208
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#283939
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 5 Months ago Karma: 2
Hi Guys,

dumb question, but I just want to make sure: if I apply for a BCompt degree now whilst studying toward the Diploma, will it override my Diploma qualification if I'm approved? and if rejected, will I still be able to continue studying the Diploma?
Chams1001
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 60
graphgraph
Points: 208
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#283963
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 4 Months, 4 Weeks ago Karma: 8
Chams1001 wrote:
Hi Guys,

dumb question, but I just want to make sure: if I apply for a BCompt degree now whilst studying toward the Diploma, will it override my Diploma qualification if I'm approved? and if rejected, will I still be able to continue studying the Diploma?


If accepted they will credit the modules passed. If rejected you will be able to continue with previous qualification
greghsa
Second Year Boarder
Posts: 87
graphgraph
Points: 482
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#284136
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 4 Months, 4 Weeks ago Karma: 2
greghsa wrote:
Chams1001 wrote:
Hi Guys,

dumb question, but I just want to make sure: if I apply for a BCompt degree now whilst studying toward the Diploma, will it override my Diploma qualification if I'm approved? and if rejected, will I still be able to continue studying the Diploma?


If accepted they will credit the modules passed. If rejected you will be able to continue with previous qualification


Thanks, but if accepted, will I still be able to continue with my Diploma?
Chams1001
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 60
graphgraph
Points: 208
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#284297
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 4 Months, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 8
Nope you will have to choose between finishing the diploma or getting credits for the BCompt
greghsa
Second Year Boarder
Posts: 87
graphgraph
Points: 482
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#284585
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 9
Hi

I just wanted to know if there is anyone writing the PE exam for SAIPA in May?
I am writing in May and the only resources on their website is past exam papers.
I wanted to know if anyone has any study material.
Kyleen
Second Year Boarder
Posts: 97
graphgraph
Points: 574
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mahatma Gandhi
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subjects passed :
ACN101M , CLA101S , CLA104V , DPA101P , ECS1016 , ECS1028 , INM1024 , INM1013 , MNB102E, MNB101D , QMG102Q , ACN102N , CLA201V , CLA202W , ECS202B , MNG2016 , MNH202C , MNK203R , MNM202Y , TXN202C , AIN2601 , AUE1601 , CBC1501 , FAC2601 , SUS1501 , AUE2601 , AUE2602, MAC2601, TAX3701 , TAX3702 , AUE3701, MAC2602, AUE3701, FAC2602 , MAC3701 , MAC3702 , FAC3701 , FAC3702 , FAC3703 , FAC3704
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#287030
Re:SAICA, CIMA, ACCA, SAIPA 1 Week, 6 Days ago Karma: 0
Hi all,

Need some help. So I current have a BCom in Financial management. I obtained this in July 2016. I now been offered an opportunity to complete my 3 years SAIPA articles. Obviously not doing a BACC degree there’s certain modules I need to do to for non degree purposes. Does anyone know what modules have to be completed? As the SAIPA website only states financial accounting 3 and corporate law 2 etc? What are these course codes at unisa?

Thanks
westham
Fresh Out of Matric
Posts: 5
graphgraph
Points: 62
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
Go to topPage: 12345678

Advertisement

Polls

Are you happy with Unisa's online registration process?