StudyNotesWiki

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul
(8 viewing) AF1, blue52, Harry Nel, hein63, iOS, Rambo102, Samantha9, (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul
Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 1
"Dear Unisa Student

After each examination period, Unisa conducts a quality audit of all examination results. As a result of our audit of the May/ June 2017 exam results, you may see some changes to your examination results...."

Did anyone else get this message? Could they adjust my pass to a fail as I passed all my exams in May/ June exam period

Stresssing hey!

The Moose
TheMoose
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
I just read this now on FB and I am so stressed because my one mark was adjusted to 50%, so I may in trouble.

Has UNISA ever done something like this before though?
tshibang
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 17
tshibang wrote:
I just read this now on FB and I am so stressed because my one mark was adjusted to 50%, so I may in trouble.

Has UNISA ever done something like this before though?

their incompetence really is reaching new levels.
Hijabi.Lawyer
graphgraph
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Attempting to complete an LLB through the maze called UNISA

*** no Whatsapp - DO NOT ask for groups or details ***

Re:Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 1
I am sorry to say this. But I smell a strike coming if Unisa downgrades students from pass to fail. I just don't see the SRC leaving that one lying down. I just hope it doesn't get to that level though.

The Moose
TheMoose
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 1
I also got the message. My question is what happens if they adjust the passes to a fail and registration has already closed? Im only left with 1 module to complete my degree and have already registered for the module. If it turns out that I failed another module then ill have yo redo it next year.
amandab
First Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 11
There were apparently several modules where year marks were omitted from the final result, and / or where the year mark / exam mark were interchanged, or where incorrect weighting was used for year mark / exam mark.

I don't think it involves re-marking any exam papers, just capturing the results correctly.
Darth
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
So I received an email today from the exams department and my results have not been changed. Am not sure if getting this email now is due to the audit or what. I think that Darth is right in saying it could be to rectify their errors in omitting year marks for some modules.
tshibang
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

the email states that changes will be seen after 18 August.
evelyn chituwu
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

I also received this email and its stressing me out coz I've completed my degree and waiting for status change and I can't imagine being given a fail now while I'm preparing for graduation .
mutsa
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Hi
I'm doing my final semester and I've been trying since last year November to get into contact with an academic advisor just to tell me if everything is ok, and that I didn;t miss anything with the changes happening and such. Do you perhaps have an email? Also, did you "academic status" change in your final semester or did it stay "qualification not complete" until the end? Someone told me that apparently it changes when you are doing your final year.

Kind regards
Gabriella315
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 21
Hi everyone

In all honesty this past exam season was the worst I have ever seen,
Some of my papers I wrote I knew i deserved distinctions for, turned out I just made the cut.
If this audit works in favour of other students like myself, I will most gladly write a letter to take this up further, as for students who think they will somehow fail etc. I don't think you should worry. It's not YOUR fault Unisa is so incompetent so you guys should definitely take this further as well

Try not to stress and rather focus your energy on completing your degree, I know it's alot easier said than done..
Just trying to be a little optimistic.

I for one thought that the email was a scam
hani_khan
Honours Student Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
Counting the days until the end...

Re:Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 7
It's supposed to change to final year after registrationl
Xaxa
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Possible changes to your May? June 2017 exam resul 3 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 7
It's supposed to change to final year after registrationl
Xaxa
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1

Advertisement

Polls

Are you happy with Unisa's online registration process?