StudyNotesWiki

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123456789
TOPIC: Qualification completed
**
#261317
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 9
No dear - haven't received anything.


H-K wrote:
naledimpanya wrote:
Graduation dates for Pretoria
File Attachment:
File Name: Graduation_Dates_College_Division_Autumn_2017_Pretoria_only.pdf
File Size: 111457


Did you received confirmation, Naledi?
naledimpanya
Master's Candidate Boarder
Posts: 564
graphgraph
Points: 1587
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
BCom: Business Informatics (98300)

Level 1: ECS1501|ECS1601|FAC1502|FAC1601|INF1520|MNB1501|MNB1601| INF1511|SUS1501|DSC1520|INF1505

Level 2: ICT2621|MNG2601|COS2626|ICT2622|INF2603|AUI2601|AUE2602|INF2611|AIN2601

Level 3: INF3708|MNI3701|INF3720|INF3705|MNG3701|INF3707|INF3703|MNG3702|AUI3702|AUI3703

Qualification completed ~ 2016
Graduation : 27 March 2017 @18h00 - Pretoria
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261409
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
JoBon wrote:
will777 wrote:
I just received this reply from UNISA after I sent an email enquiry:

Confirmation of completed qualification
After the official examination results are released, the records of final-year students are audited by the Directorate: Student Admissions and Registrations to verify the completion of your qualification.
The qualification audit takes between 6 and 8 weeks to be completed due to the high number of records that need to be audited.
Unisa will send you an e-mail to your Unisa MyLife email account as well as a SMS informing you of completion of your qualification.
If you do not receive any notice by end February 2017, please contact your nearest regional office or send an email to studyinfo@unisa.ac.za


Thank you for the info

End of Feb is so long though!

I guess I'll continue stalking mylife 5times a day. LOL


Honestly, I think its an unacceptable long wait. All of the results are sitting in some database and I would think the modules per stream as well. So how difficult can it be? Surely it is largely an electronic process? I will not be waiting for the end of Feb, if I don't get anything by the end of Jan I will go in and try and sort it out in person.
will777
First Semester Boarder
Posts: 24
graphgraph
Points: 303
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261438
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
I received the below automated response from Unisa

Dear Student

Please do not reply to this email.

You receive this automatic to expedite your enquiry in order to advise you on the contact details to direct your enquiry.
Completion status;
Unisa is now inundated with enquiries from students regarding the completion status of your qualification after the recent examination period.
The 100 000+ academic records are now being audited for completion after the recent examination period. Priority is given where the current qualification is an admission requirement set where students who applied for admission for the succeeding qualification. If you did not apply for admission to the succeeding qualification, then you can expect feedback regarding the completion status over the next 3 months.
Fi concession examinations
You will note from the registration rules as published on the Unisa web that a student cannot apply for a Fi concession examination. All students who satisfy the criteria (as published on the Unisa web) will be identified by the Examination Department. If you satisfy said criteria, you will be contacted by the relevant lecturer end January / first week in February for the arrangements.
It is advisable that you re-register for the failed module during the registration period in January for in case the Fi concession examination is failed (if applicable), in which case you then would not have missed the registration period and then can attend the examination in May / June
an3s
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 78
graphgraph
Points: 301
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261439
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
does any one know how long it will take ,the ceremony ?
angel4LIFE
First Semester Boarder
Posts: 26
graphgraph
Points: 227
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261449
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
an3s wrote:
I received the below automated response from Unisa

Dear Student

Please do not reply to this email.

You receive this automatic to expedite your enquiry in order to advise you on the contact details to direct your enquiry.
Completion status;
Unisa is now inundated with enquiries from students regarding the completion status of your qualification after the recent examination period.
The 100 000+ academic records are now being audited for completion after the recent examination period. Priority is given where the current qualification is an admission requirement set where students who applied for admission for the succeeding qualification. If you did not apply for admission to the succeeding qualification, then you can expect feedback regarding the completion status over the next 3 months.
Fi concession examinations
You will note from the registration rules as published on the Unisa web that a student cannot apply for a Fi concession examination. All students who satisfy the criteria (as published on the Unisa web) will be identified by the Examination Department. If you satisfy said criteria, you will be contacted by the relevant lecturer end January / first week in February for the arrangements.
It is advisable that you re-register for the failed module during the registration period in January for in case the Fi concession examination is failed (if applicable), in which case you then would not have missed the registration period and then can attend the examination in May / June


Thanks for the post.
The next three months? I really don't understand how it could possibly take so long
will777
First Semester Boarder
Posts: 24
graphgraph
Points: 303
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261465
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 255
angel4LIFE wrote:
does any one know how long it will take ,the ceremony ?

I can remember it all taking 2-3 hours in total
JosieJade777
Master's Candidate Boarder
Posts: 2453
graphgraph
Points: 6189
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
BCom Honours Business Management (98452):

Year Modules (2016):
MNG4801 - Strategic Management IV (06/02/2017)
HRBUS83 - Research Report (20/01/2017) - Submitted! Awaiting results!

Completed:
HMEMS80 - Research Methodology
ORG4801 - The Management of Organisational Change and Renewal
INT4801 - International Business

Bachelor of Business Administration (02216) with distinction for major: Business Management
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261467
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
Yeh it's disturbing! I'm sure it'll be quicker than that, they probably just saying that long so nobody can hold any real deadlines against them. It's especially worrying though when you think you might miss out on registering for post graduate diploma in time.
an3s
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 78
graphgraph
Points: 301
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261470
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
Received confirmation of completion. Post grad here I come
johnone
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 40
graphgraph
Points: 240
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261471
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
an3s wrote:
Yeh it's disturbing! I'm sure it'll be quicker than that, they probably just saying that long so nobody can hold any real deadlines against them. It's especially worrying though when you think you might miss out on registering for post graduate diploma in time.

The email clearly states that those who applied for post-grad will receive priority in the audit process.

And yes, auditing thousands of student's academic records does take time. Depends on the resources they have to their disposal.
johnone
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 40
graphgraph
Points: 240
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261484
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
Just received confirmation of completion for BCompt, don't know how long I'd have waited if I left it up to Unisa
an3s
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 78
graphgraph
Points: 301
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2017/01/10 12:55 By an3s.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261488
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: -1
I have also received a confirmation but I feel like vomiting when I realise that I ended up with a BCOMPT IN FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING instead of CHARTERED ACCOUNTING due to work commitments. I've always enjoyed the journey(studying) but it seems like the destination(obtaining a qualification) is not so glamorous, I've already opted to graduate in absentia because there's, truly speaking, nothing for me to celebrate. it feels like being a community care giver instead of being a medical Doctor.
Mkhawuleni
Fresh Out of Matric
Posts: 11
graphgraph
Points: 117
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261496
Re:Qualification completed 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
JosieJade777 wrote:
naledimpanya wrote:
Graduation dates for Pretoria
File Attachment:
File Name: Graduation_Dates_College_Division_Autumn_2017_Pretoria_only.pdf
File Size: 111457


How did you get these?? I need the Durban graduation dates urgently. My father is overseas, he only gets 30 working days off a year.

I need to give him an estimate as to when my graduation will be this year.

Graduation ceremony - 19 APRIL 2017, Durban at 18:00
an3s
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 78
graphgraph
Points: 301
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261501
Re:Qualification completed 1 Week, 6 Days ago Karma: 7
WHat do you mean? Surely you can still become a CA after completing your postgraduate degrees and then following the normal process of board exams part 1 and 2 and your training? Do not be so hard on yourself, you completed a degree which was not easy. Congratulations
Tavy
Third Year Boarder
Posts: 221
graphgraph
Points: 1376
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
BCom Business Informatics
S1 2017 - INF1505, DSC1520, MNG2601, INF3708

Modules Completed: INM1024, INM1013, ECS1501, ECS1601, FAC1502, FAC1601, MNB1501, MNB1601, AIN1501, CBC1501, AUE1601, CLA1501, CLA1502, DSC1630, FAC2601, TAX2601, FAC2602, MAC2602, AIN2601, MAC2601, SUS1501
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261502
Re:Qualification completed 1 Week, 6 Days ago Karma: 0
Anyone had any success with Unisa's "Access graduation information" page to confirm attendance of graduation? I get a page not found
an3s
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 78
graphgraph
Points: 301
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261507
Re:Qualification completed 1 Week, 6 Days ago Karma: 4
Hi An3s

How did you manage to get your status changed?

Please do tell!
JoBon
Fresh Out of Matric
Posts: 16
graphgraph
Points: 154
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261508
Re:Qualification completed 1 Week, 6 Days ago Karma: 0
I also received confirmation.
NP Mkize
Fresh Out of Matric
Posts: 9
graphgraph
Points: 78
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261519
Re:Qualification completed 1 Week, 6 Days ago Karma: 0
JoBon wrote:
Hi An3s

How did you manage to get your status changed?

Please do tell!

I searched for email addresses of actual people at my college (not those ones that give automated responses) and got lucky with someone forwarding my request on, with my pending post-grad as an excuse for trying to rush it along
an3s
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 78
graphgraph
Points: 301
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261592
Re:Qualification completed 1 Week, 6 Days ago Karma: 44
OMW!! I received confirmation - this is almost as existing as receiving exam results!!

Does anyone know graduation dates in Cape Town?
(I guess as a foreign student I defaulted to Pretoria)
H-K
Honours Student Boarder
Posts: 339
graphgraph
Points: 1181
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
BCom Business Informatics

Modules Completed:
First level: DSC1520, ECS1501, ECS1601, FAC1502, FAC1601, INF1505, MNB1501, MNB1601, SUS1501, INF1511, INF1520
Second level: MNG2601, INF2603, AUE2602, AUI2601, ICT2622, ICT2621, FAC2601, AIN2601
Third level: MNG3701, MNG3702. MNI3701, INF3708, INF3703, AUI3702, AUI3703

S2 2016: INF1511, INF1520, COS2626, INF3720, INF3705, INF3707
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261606
Re:Qualification completed 1 Week, 6 Days ago Karma: 4
an3s wrote:
JoBon wrote:
Hi An3s

How did you manage to get your status changed?

Please do tell!

I searched for email addresses of actual people at my college (not those ones that give automated responses) and got lucky with someone forwarding my request on, with my pending post-grad as an excuse for trying to rush it along


Thanks An3s. I'll do some research and send some emails. Maybe the post-grad excuse will help me too!
JoBon
Fresh Out of Matric
Posts: 16
graphgraph
Points: 154
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#261699
Re:Qualification completed 1 Week, 6 Days ago Karma: 0
Thanks so much, the tool worked now - but not sure if it went through? Any way to check this or will we receive an email?
The link on unisa does not work (Page Not Found)

How far in advance should Academic Dress be ordered?
anjaloots
Second Semester Boarder
Posts: 53
graphgraph
Points: 499
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
BA (International Relations)
APC1502 / APC2601 / APC2602 / COM2602 / COM3702 / COM3705 / ECS1501 / ECS1601 / ECS2601 / ECS2602 / ECS2603 / ECS2608 / ENN103F / EUP1501 / IPC1501 / IPC1502 / IPC2601 / IPC2602 / IPC3701 / IPC3702 / FRC1501 / FUR2601 / GGH1502 / SOC2602 / PLC3702 / PRI3701 / PSC3702

S2 2016
APC3701 / APC3703 / IPC3703
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
Go to topPage: 123456789

Advertisement

Polls

Are you happy with Unisa's online registration process?